Tuesday, August 10, 2010

'True Blood' Vamp Kristin Bauer Stays Thin With Carbs

Kristin Bauer wasn't kidding when she told reporters earlier this year that "heads will roll" on 'True Blood.' But more dark secrets will be emerging about her character's relationship with Eric, as life-or-death consequences take center stage.

"Vampires are hard to kill, but there are a lot more efforts in that direction and Pam will be right in the middle of it," Bauer tells PopEater. "Eric is put into a very dire situation with a huge physical and emotional conflict. We'll find out how deep Eric & Pam's relationship is, what her role is in his life and what lengths she'll go to defend and save him. When characters are really pushed to their limits and tested, we find out who they really are."

And viewers haven't seen the last of Pam's midriff-baring latex outfits -- even if the costumes have taken a toll on the actress' body image. "I realized as long as I'm in this business, I'm going to be hungry," Bauer says of her dieting regimen.


You were rocking a latex dress earlier this season. Either you have good genes or I need the number of your trainer.
"[laughs] During that first wardrobe fitting, I knew I would have my midriff showing. I thought, 'I need to get serious' and started going to ab classes more regularly."

Is there a lot of pressure to stay thin?
"The other day I realized as long as I'm in this business, I'm going to be hungry. The camera really does add 10 pounds. I'm trying to stay under the weight I want to look like on TV. It's a good incentive to stay slim and is probably adding years to my life."

Do you ever hit the gym with any of your co-stars?
"No, but I ask around to see what everyone's routines are to get new ideas. Alexander Skarsgård runs to the gym in the middle of the day if we have a long break. And let me tell you, Joe [Manganiello] works out hard, but he said it was a big event that he was having carbs while on hiatus from filming. I'm vegetarian, so I live on carbs, but it's always an effort. After any wardrobe fitting, I hit the gym three times more than the week before."



You tied the knot with Abri van Straten a year ago. How's married life?
"It's great, but marriage is work. You have keep it fresh and sexy. It's all about taking the time to light the candles, look pretty and remember the romance. But with a busy schedule, it's hard. I'm trying to make sure I put notes around the house and buy him his favorite cookies. It's about the little things. It seems to be working."

Do you two have plans to have kids anytime soon?
"I had this crazy, busy life before I even met Abri, became a series regular on 'True Blood' and got more involved with environmental work. When I added those three things, my life got extra hectic. My husband and I are still getting to know each other, so adding kids right now -- especially with Pam and that wardrobe -- wouldn't work. I'd love to learn how to juggle it all. Maybe in a few years, we might move into that area."

Honestly, you seem to have a pretty fulfilling life as it is.
"It is so fulfilling and rich. I'd have to look up boredom in the dictionary to find out what that is. [laughs] I'd love to experience a little boredom before I add kids."

Okay, before I let you go, I have to bring up your appearance on 'Seinfeld.' What's it like going down in history as the woman with "man hands."
"It is so awesome. It was a wonderful show, and one of the most hysterical concepts I've ever heard. It was so fun working with Jerry [Seinfeld] ... and for the record, I don't have man hands."  (popeater.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...